Coming to you from Maui! The photo above is my new “office” view! It was the sunrise this morning… and it was beautiful. Uvic went online for the first two weeks of the spring semester, so I decided to extend my trip here on Maui. TECHNOLOGY IS AWESOME!

Thankfully I didn’t have any issues setting up my blog and I look forward to having my own blog! I found WordPress so easy to use. I really like the idea of sharing information that is useful to whoever wishes to visit my page. I did have a problem with the Mattermost app that we were required to download for communication amongst my classmates… but it was resolved quickly with help from my professor. Usually I find technology quite easy to use, and I really like the tech industry. I like how creative tech is and how helpful digital technology is for so many people.

I am looking forward to writing my own blog posts. I have tried blogging before, back when I thought I wanted to be a lifestyle blogger, but I gave up and deleted the blog, sorry! Sometimes I jokingly tell my friends and family that I want to start a cooking/food blog because I love cooking and consider myself a foodie. As for this blog, I am excited to see what we are going to be writing about. I think for teaching, the online world is SO helpful. I have already found lots of lesson plans and ideas from teachers around the world that I have used in projects so far in my educational career. (Which has been 4 months).

Writing this blog post is making me think about writing. It is important to have good flow, proper punctation and spelling. Although I have written TONS of material academically, blogging can be more relaxed and portray my personality! I also had a brief stint writing professionally for the student newspaper at UBCO, and also writing for a digital news website. I was okay at it but found all that time on the computer (all day, every day) to be too much for me.

I am really looking forward to having my own website and am excited about designing it!