Enjoy my first ever screencast video, which is a tutorial on how to use a calorie calculator. Calorie calculators are useful if you are trying to lose weight, gain weight or just wanting to know how much you need to eat in order to maintain your current weight.

The website to the calorie calculator that I used is: https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

I don’t know what grade level I wish to teach yet, but I could screencast being very useful for later grades, especially in regards to homework. I could see it being useful for a computer class, science lab, or really anything that requires a computer to do! I could also see this being useful for substitute teachers one day. If I need to teach a class electronically and I am unavailable for a week or so, I could send screencasts to the substitute teacher that is scheduled to come in. I’m sure that would be very helpful for them and also to the class if they need to watch it.

I could see this being difficult equity wise. Not all students have access to computers at home. Ideally, these students would be able to access a computer at library or at the school, but that might not always be the case. Personally, I don’t plan on assigning homework, for equity reasons.

I think screencasting is really cool and helpful, and I like the interactiveness of it that would undoubtedly enhance learning. The H5P tool is really neat! It makes you do more brain work, rather than just watch and listen, which really gets you to apply yourself. I am thankful that I have learned how to do this. I have always wondered how Youtubers do such amazing endeavours when I watch tutorial videos.

I am also noticing that every time I read a blog post of mine I notice a spelling mistake. Maybe I just need to be more consciences when writing.

I am looking forward to learning many more tricks and tech magic that is to come in this course!