This weekend I decided to check out a ramen restaurant in downtown Victoria. Ghost Ramen was a little hard to find, hence the name Ghost Ramen, but it was well worth the treasure hunt. (There is no sign on the restaurant.)

The restaurant seemed very hip and had a nice ambience to it. It was dimly lit with candles and dim lights which made it seem like the perfect nook to get a hot bowl of ramen on a winter night!

I decided to get the Miso Tonkotsu and it did not disappoint. Tonkotsu is a pork and miso flavoured broth. I ordered it with a ramen egg because I love the flavour of egg yolk, and it was only two dollars extra. The pork belly was salty and tender, and the broth was amazing! It came with thin noodles, corn, onions and pea shoots. The flavours of pork, miso and garlic had my taste buds partying!

Here is a photo below that I took of the ramen that I ordered:

A bowl of ramen with an egg, pork belly, onions, corn and pea shoots.
Miso Tonkotsu Ramen that I ordered included thin noodles, pea shoots, green onions, corn, pork belly, a small piece of butter and I ordered an egg for an extra $2

Unfortunately my iPhone 6 doesn’t take the best quality photos… but if you scroll over to their website you can see excellent quality photos of each dish!

For a craft cider and a bowl of ramen I payed $32.20. This is something that I would do once a month for myself, however as a student I wouldn’t do this too often! I think making ramen at home is definitely more cost effective, but going out to enjoy some good food and good company is definitely worth it once in a while!